Sunday, May 25, 2014

Adventure #4

 (Hey guys! I know that you have been waiting patiently for another adventure, and sorry for being inactive. I WILL reply to roleplay comments, but for now, I cannot do things like run the shop, give out phantom blessings, or update roleplay character descriptions. Sorry!)


You are Ronan walk back to the temple, along with the Sakura Spirit, who is carrying the crystal back. You walk to the room with the crystal display, and set the crystal in its place. The orb glows a little bit more brightly. The Sakura Spirit notices something across the room. "Hey, Ronan, what's that?" she asked.


"Well, that's called a Light Beacon. I put it here and absorbed some of the orb's power and put it in here. So, not only will the temple still have energy if the orb fades away, but this beacon will signal us a warning if the temple will loose it's energy." Ronan replied. The Sakura Spirit looked at him with bright eyes and nodded.
"Also, Sakura Spirit, do you know of any other place where the gemstones might be?"
"I do. My husband, the Birch Ghost, lives in a forest very different from mine. He owns the Pearl gemstone. But I must warn you, he probably won't give it up as easily as me. He basically hates everything except for me."

You think for a moment about what the encounter might be like. The Birch Ghost must be isolated, which may cause his anger to rise at the sight of others. You must prepare.

Sakura interrupts your thoughts as she tells you what happened.
"A long time ago, I met the Birch Ghost and I met under one of my Cherry Blossoms. He seemed utterly nervous, like he couldn't handle other people. But he was genuinely in love with me. So we married in secret, and lived in happiness for about 5 years. Yet, we were separated by phantoms soon after. We still love each other and visit, but we just live in different places. Luckily, they aren't very far apart."

You look at her with sad eyes, as though you could feel her pain. But within seconds, you are ready to head over to the woods were the Birch Ghost lives.

A WALK OF 12 MILES LATER


You see the landscape, and you think of what Sakura said earlier: "He lives in a forest very different from mine." And you have to agree she was right, as the land is a barren landscape with bare trees and fog eerily rolling across the ground. "You sure this is the right place? I would never imagine a woman like Sakura to marry somebody who lives in a place like this." Ronan asked. You nod in reply, and keep walking. Suddenly, a voice booms out.


"What are you doing on my land? Why do you seek my very presence? I serve no purpose to anybody but Sakura, and you should not have reason to speak with me! I forbid you step closer!" the Birch Ghost screeches.
"Whoa, I'm sorry. We will leave if you wish, but first we seek something you own. Perhaps the Pearl gemstone?" You ask, trying to sound persuasive.
"You want my gemstone? How dare thee! It is in my ownership, and you can't just walk up to somebody and ask for their family heirloom!"
"Please, we need it for-"
"I already denied your request! Quit asking!"
"But-"
"I have already denied! You keep asking for something I never would have given up in the first place for any reason!"
"BIRCH GHOST! JUST LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY!" Ronan yelled.
"Fine, but you will never convince me." The Birch Ghost snorted.
"We need it to restore the temple that once belonged to Mira. I'm sure you remember it."
The Eagle's eyes widened, and then narrowed. "I don't believe you."

You and Ronan had to speak. "We need that stone. But what should we do?" You asked. Ronan thought for a moment, then made a suggestion. "We should just take it willingly, we have no choice. He won't cough it up."

Even though it felt very wrong stealing, you picked up the gemstone when the Birch Ghost wasn't looking. But as though he could sense that you were doing something suspicious, he whipped around immediately. "Hey! What are you doing with my gemstone?! That doesn't belong to you! Unhand it now!" he screamed with genuine fury.
"Sorry, can't!" you said.
"Fine then, thieves! You will die a true death!"

The angry eagle swooped into the air, and opened his eyes very ominously. They stood unblinking, even when he moved around in a fast motion. He screeched at you, but it wasn't like a normal one that showed anger. No, this was an earsplitting work of fury that rattled the very ribs in your chest. The eagle held this awful note for about 30 seconds long, and then swooped directly at your face.

What do you do?

43 comments:

  1. I sidestepped in an attempt to avoid injury. I tumbled as I landed and saw the Birch Ghost fly into the air and swoop at my again. I decided I wouldn't fight back and try to wear down the Birch Ghost's energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He screeched furiously at you, and swooped towards your face, not seeing your strategy.

      Delete
    2. I ran around the trees, panting heavily. I sped up, just a little bit, but he still got closer. I leaped into a tree and leaped from branch to branch, hoping this would help.

      Delete
    3. The Birch Ghost may not maneuver the best around tangling branches, he can tell you did not see that you just gave him the advantage: Air Combat.

      He flies towards you, and manages to rake his talons across your cheek.

      Delete
    4. I leap down, my cheek burning like fire. I became so focused on running that I dropped the gemstone.

      Delete
    5. He immediately darts towards the gemstone, and hides it under some tree roots (but forgets to hide his scent). Then he pursues in chase once more.

      Delete
    6. I look back just in time to see that I've dropped the gem stone. I circle back, and just as I pass by to swiftly grab the gemstone..

      Delete
    7. The Birch Ghost narrows his eyes at you, his eyes giving a murderous glare.

      "LEAVE NOW, THIEF!" He called after you, just as he swooped back to follow your trail.

      Delete
    8. "Okay, I'm leaving!" I called back as I ran out of the woods, my voice muffled from holding the gemstone firmly.

      Delete
    9. His talons almost grabbed your leg as you ran past, but he decided, through his fatigue, that the exhaustion of chasing you more wasn't worth it. He fell to the ground out of the air, and took one last glance at you before you disappeared out of his woods.

      Delete
  2. Royalfeather Not Logged InMay 27, 2014 at 9:16 PM

    Finally you updated roleplay! You should hire another author to fill out requests and other stuff you can't do that much. Well anyways, here I go!
    I quickly swoop into a tree with thick branches and disguises myself to look like Sakura Spirit. I come out saying sweetly, " Now, now honey, let them take the gemstone. I'm sure they'lllll bring it back once they restore Mira's temple." I hope that Birch Ghost will believe me and let us take the gem. Birch Ghost hesitates before finally giving us the Pearl. Yes! Score! I thank BG(Birch Ghost)in Sakura Spirits voice and leave with Roman. Yay!((^ω^))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the mistakes, stupid autocorrect.

      Delete
    2. (Now, let's backtrack a little bit. Let's not decide on the WHOLE plot by ourselves. XD let's go to the point where you disguised yourself as the Sakura Spirit)

      He looked at you with a look of surprised swept across his face. But then he realized that the pitch of your voice was not the same as her's. "Imposter!" He shouted as he swooped with great speed at you.

      Delete
  3. Myst says: "Your wife, the Sakura Spirit said you had the Pearl gemstone. It is important for my mission in getting all the gemstones to complete it to restore a temple."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I still do not believe you in your words about my wife." He said with a deep grumble on the back of his throat. Suddenly, you thought: "was that a growl? Or, was it some furious purr?" You don't know, but it was obviously quoting some work of true anger that could not be explained. But your thoughts were interrupted as the Birch Ghost flew up and then down at breakneck speed towards you.

      Delete
    2. "At least tell me something about it! Are you sure you don't want an important temple to be gone?!" Myst cries, trying to dodge the Birch Ghost's moves.

      Delete
    3. "It's Mira's temple!" Myst splutters out.

      Delete
    4. "Well, even if you are telling the truth, it's not like I can leave this forest to see it! The phantoms own my soul and I can't leave!" He cried out, still trying to attack you.

      Delete
    5. Myst suddenly decides to use Elemental Flash to blast the phantom out of him. She concentrated hard, imagining the phantoms withering away into nothingness. Then she called out "Elemental Flash!!" she still imagined phantoms dieing, but the Birch Ghost surviving. Please work she thought hard as she could. She waited for the results.

      Delete
    6. (Well, they own his soul but don't live in him. :P he like made a deal with them.)

      Delete
    7. (Lol didn't know)
      Myst sighed. She dashed out of the forest.

      She went to the Phantom Fortress. Thats they were probably keeping his soul. She wandered about, turning off watchers, fighting phantoms, until she saw a jar with a mist in it. Myst look clser and she heard the Birch Ghost's voice. "The Pearl birthstone..." he said.
      "Aha, I got you know." she grabbed the jar and uncorked it.

      Delete
  4. i walked to the birch ghost. " sorry to bother you, but these brave adventurers REALLY need that gemstone. its their duty."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "It is my family heirloom!" He shouted, more furiously this time. "Besides, it still reminds me of my beloved wife! Be gone with you!"

      The Birch Ghost flew up, and then suddenly downwards towards you at breakneck speed.

      Delete
    2. Kitkat8529 (Godric)June 1, 2014 at 12:43 AM

      Godric dashes into the Birch Ghost's view. "If you miss her so much, then why aren't you by her side? We need this gemstone. The Temple that was once Mira's depends on it! Just give us the birthstone!" Godric yells impatiently

      Delete
    3. "Because the Phantoms have ownership of my very soul! It's not like I could just walk over there and see her!" He blurts out. But then he looked down and started to shed tears. "I wish I could."

      Delete
    4. Kitkat8529 (Godric)June 9, 2014 at 8:14 AM

      "I'm sorry." Godric says, "but if you give us the gemstone, we might defeat the phantoms, meaning that they won't own your soul."

      Delete
    5. "Well, it's still my family heirloom." He screeched calmly.

      Delete
    6. ClanancestorheartsJune 20, 2014 at 7:34 AM

      Out of a thick cloud of fog came Wish. "Birch Ghost, we need the gemstone, even if it is 'family heirloom'." Wish used bite on Birch Ghost's talon.

      Delete
    7. "Ow!" he cried. He then became extremely aggressive. "Fine then! You may have it... WHEN I'M DEAD!" he said, swooping at you and stretching out his talons.

      Delete
    8. ClanancestorheartsJune 21, 2014 at 4:37 PM

      "Sakura said you owned a gemstone. We need it. Not "when i am dead, theif". Or I might need to use bite on you, which I do not want to do." hollered Wish.

      Delete
    9. He didn't listen. The Birch Ghost kept swooping towards you. His talons raked your cheek as he flew by, but he suddenly dropped out of the air in mid-flight for no reason. It was as if he had just magically turned into a ragdoll/

      Delete
  5. ClanancestorheartsJune 20, 2014 at 7:32 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ClanancestorheartsJune 20, 2014 at 7:34 AM

      (goldcobra, delete this comment, this is supposed to be a reply.)

      Delete
  6. Quickly whisper jumped aside and the birch ghost talons sunk into the tree behind her. Whisper used chomp on his wing then started running knowing that ghost birch would soon get free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looked at you running away from him as he cursed under his breath. Panicking to continue the chase, he tried even harder to pull his talons out of the tree trunk. When he finally got them out, he looked at you with a desire to retrieve his family heirloom. But this desire, this hope and wish, was not just one that willed you to drop the gem. No, his desire included blood. The Birch Ghost flew at you and then flung his entire body at your's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (This is supposed to be a reply to whisper)

      Delete
    2. Whisper only barely escaped from getting slammed into. His talon had raked her back when he had lunged for her. Quickly she sped up

      Delete
    3. Then Whisper remembered the gem she had almost exactly the same as the birthstone. Quickly she dropped the fake gems tone and ran quickly. The birch ghost stopped to pick it up but she knew he wanted he blood

      Delete
    4. He raced towards you, not realizing he had a fake gem. "Stop running away from consequences!" He said.

      Delete
    5. Whisper glanced back for a moment, " No" she replied " I will run and you won't stop me". Quickly Whisper dashed ahead of birch ghost picking up speed. She was almost out of the woods, when the birch ghost dived at her talons out

      Delete
  8. Rainbow ducked. "Wait! Sorry! I-I didn't mean it! It wasn't for me only!"

    He advanced again and Rainbow stepped aside. "Listen! You love the Sakura Spirit, right? Then this might save her!"

    She step aside again as the spirit lashed out. "This is the gemstone that can save the temple where she is!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Is she in immediate danger?" He said, still trying to swoop at you.

      Delete
    2. "Not immediate, but if the beacon dies, I mean, the orb dies, and the beacon's signal is not seen, the temple will fade!" Rainbow cried. (Is that right?)

      "Can we stop attacking so we can have a proper talk? I'm really sorry for stealing, but you left me no choice!"

      Delete